Custom Roller Shades
Window shades in a wide range of styles and fabrics
King Shade & Window has been hand crafting custom made roller shades for Boston area customers since 1948. You can choose from our wide selection of fabrics and trim to create a window shade that will become an excellent addition to your home’s decor.
George Dennis, President/Owner
King Shade & Window
Boston Roller Shades Professionals, Since 1948
Roller Shades in Any Style for Any Room
It used to be that roller shades only came in limited styles and colors. You could choose from either white or off-white. That was it. Well, those days are over. We carry roller shades in a spectrum of colors, patterns and textures to reflect the latest trends. At King Shade and Window, you can choose from a variety of beautiful fabric window roller shades that are perfect for every room, from kitchens to bedrooms to bathrooms. What’s more, many roller shade materials are stain-resistant and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
See our Buyer’s Guide to Roller Shades for help in choosing the right shades for your home.
Window Shades Picture Gallery
Our Custom Window Shades Advantage
- Choose from our huge selection of window shade fabrics, shapes and trim
- Custom made-to-order roller shades in our factory workshop
- We match most antique patterns
- We specialize in Victorian window shade designs
- Most competitive roller shades pricing in Boston
- Expedited delivery upon request
Roller Shade Fabric Book
Introduction: What are Roller Shades?
Roller Shades are a window treatment created by attaching a straight piece of fabric or vinyl which raises and lowers by a spring mechanism or a clutch-like unit on a continuous loop. The top of the roller shade is fit into the top part of the window, and the material, along with the bottom piece, are attached to that. A gentle pulling motion makes the window shade raise or lower, with the option of leaving it halfway open.
Benefits of Window Roller Shades
Roller shades combine practicality, durability, and style for any home. They are easy to install and use, but also provide a great accent for decorating. The wide range of materials and patterns available for roller shades mean that they can match any room’s décor. When it comes to durability, standard blinds tend to bend easily, where roller shades don’t tangle or warp. They also provide a safety benefit, as the lack of slats means animals and children can’t get caught.
*As compared to other styles such as slat blinds, roller shades are easier to fit into window spaces, and do a better job of keeping out light.
*Roller shades tend to be less expensive.
Roller Shade Styles
- Cassette-head roller shades have a decorative section covering the top bar of the mechanism, and many may have a matching bottom pull to match.
- Black-out roller shades seal out most light in a room. These are especially appropriate for babies’ rooms, or for night shift workers who must sleep during the day. While black-out shades are designed to block the majority of light, they can still leave narrow areas exposed, so choosing a special style that installs inside the window frame is the best option.
- Semi-opaque roller shades block less light than black-out styles by using several layers of dense fabric. Only shadows are visible from the outside.
- Semi-sheer roller shades filter less light, allowing only silhouettes to be seen from outside.
- Sheer roller shade styles are nearly transparent.
Whatever style or budget you have for your home, custom roller shades from King Shade and Window are a great option for beautiful and functional window treatments.
If you’re interested in roller shades for your home of office, Contact Us today to get a free estimate for custom-made window shades, installation. We deliver too!
King Shade & Window – Your Boston Window Replacement Company