Custom Roller Shades
Window shades in a wide range of styles and fabrics
King Shade & Window has been hand crafting custom made roller shades for Boston area customers since 1948. You can choose from our wide selection of fabrics and trim to create a window shade that will enhance your home’s decor, transform light, and provide the privacy you desire.
George Dennis, President/Owner
King Shade & Window
Boston Roller Shades Professionals, Since 1948
Roller Shades in Any Style for Any Room
It used to be that roller shades were available in limited styles and colors. Your choices were either white or off-white. That was it. Thankfully, those days are over! We offer roller shades in a spectrum of colors, patterns and textures to reflect the latest trends, along with classic, retro and Victorian styles. At King Shade and Window, you can choose from a variety of beautiful fabric window roller shades that are perfect for every room, from kitchens to bedrooms to bathrooms. What’s more, many of today’s roller shade materials are stain-resistant and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
See our Buyer’s Guide to Roller Shades for help in choosing the right shades for your home.
Window Shades Picture Gallery
Our Custom Window Shades Advantage
- Choose from our huge selection of window shade fabrics, shapes and trim
- Custom made-to-order roller shades produced in our factory workshop
- We match most antique patterns
- We specialize in Victorian window shade designs
- Most competitive roller shade pricing in Boston
- Expedited delivery upon request
Roller Shade Fabric Book
Introduction: What are Roller Shades?
Roller Shades are a window treatment created by attaching a straight piece of fabric or vinyl to a tube which is raised or lowered by a spring mechanism or a clutch-like unit with a continuous chain loop. The tube mechanism of a roller shade is mounted into the top part of a window and the material, with its bottom bar, is attached to it. A gentle pulling motion raises or lowers the window shade, with the option of leaving it partway open.
Benefits of Window Roller Shades
Roller shades combine practicality, durability, and style for any home. They are easy to install and use, but also provide a great accent for decorating. The wide range of materials and patterns available for roller shades allow them to match any room’s décor. When it comes to durability, standard blinds tend to bend easily, while roller shades don’t warp or have strings that tangle. They also provide a safety benefit, because their lack of slats and strings means animals and children can’t get caught in them.
*As compared to other styles such as slat blinds, roller shades are easier to fit into window spaces, and do a better job of keeping out light.
*Roller shades tend to be less expensive.
Roller Shade Styles
- Cassette-head roller shades have a decorative section covering the top bar of the mechanism, and many may have a matching bottom bar to match.
- Black-out roller shades seal out most light in a room. These are especially appropriate for babies’ rooms, or for night shift workers who must sleep during the day. While black-out shades are designed to block the majority of light, they can still leave narrow areas exposed, so choosing a shade that installs inside a window’s frame is best for maximum light reduction.
- Semi-opaque roller shades block less light than black-out styles by using several layers of dense fabric. Only shadows are visible from the outside.
- Semi-sheer roller shades filter less light, allowing only silhouettes to be seen from outside.
- Sheer roller shade styles are nearly transparent.
Whatever your style or budget, custom roller shades from King Shade and Window are a great option for beautiful and functional window treatments.
If you’re interested in roller shades for your home of office, Contact Us today to get a free estimate for custom-made window shades, installation. We deliver too!
King Shade & Window – Your Boston Window Replacement Company